Wednesday, February 28, 2007

59/365

I interview this morning for the job I mention in my previous entry. I got better rest last night, and feel more ready to visit with my prospective employer than I would have been at the same time yesterday morning.

I believe I need to focus on three things during the interview:
- Be natural; be myself; visit as I would with a friend
- Look the interviewer(s) in the eye
- Remain positive about my current employer and current situation

I have not yet informed my current employer about this opportunity. I have chosen to keep my own council until I have a good sense whether I will be offered the position. If it isn't offered, no harm. If it is ... well, we'll deal with that at the time.

It has been hard to keep this secret. There are two or three dear friends I will greatly miss. Two in particular have called on my computer skills frequently, and I wonder whether they can find a similar resource if I leave.

Funny how I felt a little sad about that yesterday. Seems a chunk of my neurosis is expressed through co-dependency.

Send positive thoughts this way. If you pray, pray that my prospective employer and I allow God's will to work through us this morning; pray that we discern whether this will be a positive and fruitful collaboration.

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

I pray that if it is the right thing for you, and would be a source of growth, health, and happiness, that He causes the door to be opened. His Will be Done.
your cousin,

Mighty Cheerio said...

I wish I had seen this post earlier, so I could have added a special prayer for your situation this morning. All is well...Thy Will Be Done.