Monday, February 12, 2007

43/365

Saturday was a hustle-bustle day. I did sleep relatively late, though. My faithful feline alarm woke me a little after 8.

Following breakfast, I settled in to do my taxes. Once I have all the information I need, I see little point in waiting 'til April to dispense with this task. I did learn something which may be of use to my readers - if you earn a certain amount (~28K), you qualify for free filing on-line. I went to the TurboTax site via the IRS site. On the TurboTax site there is a button to push to determine whether you qualify for this free service. The IRS site lists several on-line programs, and I suspect this free service is available through any of them.

After that, I went shopping. Bought a new pair of pants and a new belt. Bought a pair of second-hand books (Sherilyn McCrumb). Went to the health food store and got St John's Wort. Got home from that excursion around two.

Took myself to the movie, Pan's Labyrinth. It's an excellent movie, though a bit violent for anyone under 18. The ending is somewhat ambiguous - could be happy or sad, depending on how you choose to interpret the last ten minutes or so.

From there, it was straight to Alexandria's house to feed her starving kitties. They were starving because I had missed Friday (I'll explain why over on Love During Wartime). Even so, Martin was more interested in loving on me than he was in food. Martin is overweight, and diabetic, so I'm a tad worried that he eats just a few mouths full, but I can barely see any change in his weight. Plus, he seems to be just as energetic as when I started feeding him - he jumps surprisingly high for such a chubby cat - so maybe I'm worried for nothing. Shadow - who was standoffish when she first met me three years ago - is also very pleased to see me, and seems to want petting for long periods of time. Happily, Dame Julian doesn't seem to mind sharing me with her "cousins".

Alexandria will be home tomorrow evening.

Sunday was a sleepy day, I suppose. I slept in until 6:30. Went to church, visited with friends after. Went grocery shopping, ate a light lunch. Then, because I felt utterly exhausted, I lay down on the couch. I really intended to take a walk, but I wasn't sure I could even drive to the closest mall. So Julian and I had a pleasant nap on the couch. I didn't fully wake up until sometime after 4.

And even with that, I got drowsy around 8. Finally laid down on the couch again, and napped until a little after 10.

My working theory is that I was recovering from a busy week, and coming down from the steroids.

Hit the snooze button several times this morning. Brain still has a few cobwebs, but I imagine another cup of joe will take care of that.
Edited to add: This is why I missed cat-sitting on Friday.

No comments: