Friday, February 16, 2007

47/365

I made chili last night. It is one of my two or three specialties. I made it for a (belated) Valentine's luncheon I'm hosting at work today.

I make chili using Wick Fowler's Chili Mix as a base. I then add spices as whim and inspiration dictate. Last night, I added two habenaro peppers and two Thai peppers. I ate a beanless version of the chili for supper last night.

How many alarms is it when sweat beads on your forehead and the back of your neck?

I serve the chili with beans. I know this is contrary to true Texas-style chili. But, I've got to stretch the food.

I cook the beans in a crock pot. This time it was Great Northerns. I throw a few spices in with the beans as well, just for color - a little Greek seasoning, a little Spike, a dash of cinnamon. That cooked overnight.

I got up about 15 minutes early (5:15), drained the beans, and mixed in the chili. It's warming as I type.

I am curious to find out how many alarms the beans deduct from the chili. I'm also curious how my co-workers will react.

No comments: