Wednesday, July 18, 2007

198/365

My first physical therapy session was yesterday. There was an endless amount of paperwork to complete, at least eight pages worth, which included a page where I indicated whether I wanted to see a social worker.

The physical therapist's name was Mark. He recorded a history of my accident and pain. Right now, what I categorize my physical sensation as “constant discomfort”, rather than pain. There is occasion pain, associated with different activities – such as playing the guitar fretboard close to the box, or driving for long periods. As I mentioned, I'm sure that if I had to type all day, that would begin to hurt as well.

He gave me a sonic massage. I could actually hear the hum, now and again, in my right ear. As I type this, my muscles actually ache a little more than they did before the massage.

No comments: