Tuesday, July 17, 2007

196-197

I had what is, for me, an unusally busy weekend.

Friday night, I went to a poetry reading. It's probably been a year since I last went to a poetry reading. This was a reading of the Woody Guthrie Poets. I was one of about 30 people who read. I sang "Unfaithfully Yours" and read "I Am Not I". They were well received.

From 7:30 Saturday morning until 17:00 Saturday evening, I was Chief Proctor for an exam. Ten hours of watching 46 people take an exam is not scintillating entertainment, but I was getting well-paid for it. The extra money will definitely come in handy.

From there, I drove to Okemah to meet a few of my Woody Guthrie Poet friends - Carol and George, in particular. We met at the Grape Ranch, which is about ten miles south of Okemah. We listened to the Farm Couple, a excellent local husband and wife singing/performing team. George and I played bocce ball (sort of an Italian cross between shuffle-board and bowling).

Sunday morning, I read the second lesson at church. I also provided the music (and slight direction) for a presentation after church. I went home, took a nap, then went back to church for an evening program.

There you have it, a whirlwind tour of my weekend.

No comments: