Monday, July 2, 2007

183/365

I was rear-ended on Saturday, June 30. Everything else related to the day was colored by this.

I had just gone to see "Disturbia" at the discount ($1.25) theater. It was a little after 7 pm. I was driving west, in the left lane, mentally aiming for the highway exit.

I hadn't seen a speed limit sign, so I was driving 35 mph - which seemed a safe rate to maintain until I did see a sign. A pizza delivery person passed me just before the stoplight. A yellow cab station wagon was immediately behind me.

By the time the pizza delivery person had passed me, the light had turned red. Our three cars waited. I had allowed a little over a yard between myself and the pizza person. I didn't really notice how far back the yellow cab was.

The light turned green. Oddly enough, the pizza person didn't blaze out from the starting gate. But someone else was ready to go.

Yellow cab driver. Although he did not hit my car hard enough to push forward any discernible distance, he did hit my car with enough force to make my head bounce on the head rest once.

Not surprisingly, I uttered the immortal phrase, "What the
F----?"

I had enjoyed the movie. I recommend it. I'm not sure seeing the movie was worth getting rear-ended.

I've had a headache, a constant dull headache, ever since. I see the doctor in the morning.

1 comment:

Mighty Cheerio said...

I hope you are feeling better.