Monday, April 9, 2007

99/365

Overslept again this morning - didn't get up until about 6:10. I attended several services (beginning Thursday night), and a lovely luncheon Sunday afternoon, and I suppose I needed the recovery time.

Anyway, I'll continue with the final Skirvin Hotel picture tomorrow. For today, I'll share two cute stories:
  1. I attended the Good Friday children's service. I did this partly out of curiosity, and partly because it was the earlier of the two options. It was an attempt to make the story of the Last Supper kid-sized. At one point, a priest asked what Jesus prayed at the meal, and one young boy cried out "Yiddish"
  2. Our youngest priest preached the homily for the Easter Vigil, and told this joke:
    It seems a church had a bat infestation. Naturally, they didn't want to harm the bats in any way, so extermination was out of the question. First, they called the local county extension service, who recommended smoke. So the church smoked them out - but the bats returned a few weeks later.

    Next, they tried humane traps. They released the bats near an underpass where other bats were known to congregate. But they came back a few weeks later.

    The next Sunday, the bishop visited. They asked for her help. She confirmed the bats. They immediately flew away, and were not seen again.

No comments: