Thursday, April 5, 2007

95/365

I didn't oversleep, but I did fail to post the latest (and, likely, penultimate) picture from the Skirvin. Instead, I'll share this picture I took this Monday, 2.April.

The scene is the chancel of the Cathedral. The occasion is clergy renewal of ordination vows. This is a yearly event, which traditionally takes place shortly after Palm Sunday. This year's service is historic, in that this is the last year our bishop will preside at this service. He's the clean shaven fellow near the center of the group; you might be able to make out his cope.

The official picture was taken by a professional photographer, who asked me to come with my digital as back up. The current picture is the best of the lot that I took; I expect his will be several times better. It was a pleasure working with him, and he seemed to appreciate the company. He said he'd leave his equipment to me in his will and that I could borrow any of his equipment whenever I needed it. I took the latter statement seriously, but not the former statement.

Still, it was clear I had made a valuable friend.

No comments: