Sunday, March 4, 2007

63/365

I almost feel like making a check list of all the things I accomplished yesterday, but it might be simpler to simply say I missed the concert, but accomplished shopping.

But blogs are not necessarily simple or concise.
  • It took about an hour to install the new doorknob. This may officially count as the first improvement I've made to the house. It took about an hour - the major work involved widening the hole the latch fit into. I did this, on the advice of a friend, with a rat-tail file.

    Every so often I would test the hole with the new latch, pull it out, and file some more. During this time I listened to the Dixie Chicks' latest CD, Taking the Long Way Home; it's just as good as the first time.
  • The Martin Luther King day event had actually started about 8 Saturday morning; I missed standing out in the cold at the State Capital. I only very mildly regret that. What I attended was a presentation with speeches and songs, followed by a parade. I did not actually walk in the parade; instead, I took pictures. You're likely to see several in the days ahead.

    The actual march did not start until a little after 2, so I missed my friend's concert. Maybe next time.
  • But, before the march, I went shopping. Bought a suitcase I hope to use for photo lighting equipment. Long story about the lighting equipment, which I will detail later. I also stopped by my strongest temptation zone, Borders Books, and picked up the latest Ricky Lee Jones CD. When I sampled it at a listening station, the hairs stood up on the back of my head. Review is likely to follow at "Love During Wartime".

    I got home a little between 10 and 10:30. With DJ's help, I took a cat-nap, and still woke up in time to get to the MLK event.
  • Haven't done the grocery shopping yet. That may happen after church; it can even wait until after work tomorrow.
  • Made it to the Traditional Music group, and debuted my pastiche, "I Fought The Bed". It received positive reviews.
Today, the drive to Tulsa. If I get out of my meeting at a reasonable hour, I may call the esteemed and venerable Dr. Omed.

No comments: