Tuesday, January 30, 2007

31/365

This picture was taken yesterday morning, sometime between 4 and 4:30. At this time, I was watching Real Live Preacher's (RLP) latest video in his "Reading the Bible" series.

What was I doing up at that obscene hour? I blame the steroids I'm taking for my tinnitus (which is getting better). One of the side-effects of steroids is extra energy and feeling good. Since I've been pretty depressed since late Nov/early Dec, this is not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, I appreciate the change. However, I do get anxious when I go several nights without a good rest.

Incidentally, in the above-linked video, RLP (Rev. Gordon Atkinson) recommends people reading the Bible for the first time read the book of Matthew to get a good idea of Jesus' life and message. I disagree; I find Matthew altogether too legalistic (compared to the other Gospels). For example, Matthew is the only Gospel that reports Jesus saying one commits adultery by merely looking at another with lust in his/her heart.

I would recommend Mark instead. It's short; it's practically the Reader's Digest version of Jesus' life – not only because of its brevity, but also because of the simplicity of its language. Plus, you could have a great drinking game with Mark; sip your favorite beverage every time Mark says "immediately", and you'll get pretty well hydrated.

2 comments:

5000 said...

I love the new look! I like your secret posts over here, it's nice to start something new, isn't it? Story of my life, an unfinished highway behind me.

Your photo is darn cute! Does that mean I'm now condemned to Matthew's hell?

5000 said...

Duh, this is me, Birdie. The new google beta thing makes my comments show up under my google adsense account.