Thursday, January 18, 2007

1/365 - 10/365

On "Winter Break" from my day job. I took off early, for the solstice (12/21), so I could make my fourth annual visit to Dr. Omed's Winter Solstice celebration. I was beginning to have cold symptoms prior to this, but they got much worse after I stood outside by the solstice fire.

We burned "Be Gones", "Be Dones", and play money.

Even prior to that journey, by about three weeks, I had begun feeling depressed. Depression plus cold (who knows which came first?).

So - my "Be Gone" was "bad attitude, depression, and feelings of worthlessness." My "Be Done" was "find purpose, seek ways to be useful, and celebrate current gifts and usefulness." I failed to bring actual play money, but burned some by proxy.

All was requested "As the Goddess wills."

I spent the week of Winter Break closed up in my house. Only left once or twice, as absolutely necessary.

Oklahoma City experienced a severe snow storm over New Year's week-end, and my job was closed for an extra day. I returned to work on January 3.

No comments: