Monday, September 17, 2007

260/365

This is from an archive of pictures Padre took. I have few clues as to when this picture was taken, but I would guess sometime in the early- to mid-60s.

Padre was quite the amateur photographer. I have clear memories of him converting the kitchen into a dark room. He would wait for the new moon, and work very late at night. I remember staying up with him one time. I complained about the smell of the chemicals. But I enjoyed being with him more than I disliked the smell.

I spent Saturday morning scanning a number of historic photos that I sent on to Brother Dave. It reminded me of how important these pictures can be to later generations. Something comforting in the history, I think.

Ironically, I spent the weekend as a photographer, marking events in our church's history. This weekend marked the consecration and seating of the seventh bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Oklahoma, The Rev. Dr. Edward J. Konieczny. Odds are I will be sharing several pictures from the weekend in the days to come.

No comments: