Wednesday, August 8, 2007

220/365

Had some excitement near the house yesterday morning, sometime before 4. I heard sirens, then a thump near my bedroom window. When I left for work, a few hours later, I checked that side of the house and found this glove.

Theory: someone jumped my fence and left a glove behind.

What I presume were police vehicles were in front of my house for 15-30 minutes. Following that, helicopters with search lights swung through the neighborhood. I began to hear a constant rumble around 5, which I assumed was from the helicopters. When I got up to check, however, it turned out to be a tow truck, which seemed to be outside the neighbor's house (to the west of me).

Again, I checked yesterday morning, and found a twin set of tracks similar to the one featured below.

As I was studying the track, I noticed the damage to my neighbor's garage.

I don't recall hearing a crash, but the vehicle must have hit the garage pretty hard.

I did call the police regarding the glove. The responding officer didn't elaborate on what happened, but very kindly explained the glove wasn't likely to lead to hard evidence such as DNA. He collected it anyway.

I actually watched the local news for the first time in ten years, hoping there'd be a story on the incident. Sadly, no. I'll keep checking, and if I find anything, I'll up-date this entry.

No comments: